Online presence

Alain Saffel

Apr 29, 2010, 2:26:17 PM4/29/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
I've been reviewing the digests for information on our online presence
and haven't seen much of anything (unless I've completely missed it).

I've been rather busy lately and haven't been able to make the
meetings, but should be able to be there Sunday.

Does anyone want to discuss online presence? What I'm referring to is
recording the event, wikis, etc. When we put on Changecamp I think it
was something we just assumed everyone would do but I think we could
have done a bit better.

I am planning on bringing my video camera again (along with my charger
and more memory cards!) but it would be good to have more people
recording the event. I put some video up on YouTube, but I think Vimeo
will be a better choice this time, due to the 10 minute limit imposed
by YouTube.

I posted a summary of Changecamp: http://alainsaffel.com/changecamp-edmonton-success/

Here's an example of why I like Vimeo http://vimeo.com/8986388 A 27
minute video not broken up.

I didn't see a MediaCamp group on Flickr, so I set one up:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1371579@N25/

Did we ever set up an official Mediacamp Edmonton blog or webpage?

Thanks,
Alain

Kerry

Apr 29, 2010, 3:50:25 PM4/29/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Hi Alain,
In a brief fit of ambition, I offered a while back to create a
Facebook page for mediacamp, but when I saw Mack's Eventbrite
registration page (http://mediacampedmonton.eventbrite.com/), it
seemed like it might be redundant. I'm reconsidering now; it would be
good to have a place to post or link to photos and video. Is FB the
best place for that, or should it be a blog or webpage, as you
suggest?
Thanks,
Kerry

On Apr 29, 12:26 pm, Alain Saffel <asaf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reviewing the digests for information on our online presence
> and haven't seen much of anything (unless I've completely missed it).
>
> I've been rather busy lately and haven't been able to make the
> meetings, but should be able to be there Sunday.
>
> Does anyone want to discuss online presence? What I'm referring to is
> recording the event, wikis, etc. When we put on Changecamp I think it
> was something we just assumed everyone would do but I think we could
> have done a bit better.
>
> I am planning on bringing my video camera again (along with my charger
> and more memory cards!) but it would be good to have more people
> recording the event. I put some video up on YouTube, but I think Vimeo
> will be a better choice this time, due to the 10 minute limit imposed
> by YouTube.
>
> I posted a summary of Changecamp:http://alainsaffel.com/changecamp-edmonton-success/
>
> Here's an example of why I like Vimeohttp://vimeo.com/8986388A 27

Unland, Karen (Edm Journal)

Apr 29, 2010, 3:58:56 PM4/29/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, this discussion kind of fell off of the Google Group, but we have been discussing it at meetings. George Siemens has offered to co-ordinate students to "cover" the event by whatever online means are at their disposal. I'm not sure whether any students have taken us up on that. Obviously it won't just be students documenting this, and I'm thrilled to hear your intentions, Alain, since that will be very valuable. The creation of a clearinghouse website for everyone's coverage has come up, but I'm not sure we came to any conclusions.

Can we talk about this on Sunday? The meeting is set for May 2, at 1 p.m. Those who can't attend should share their thoughts on this thread, and we'll hammer it out on Sunday.

Karen

karen zypchyn

Apr 30, 2010, 11:37:23 AM4/30/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Great idea about shooting video. Don't forget that with Vimeo, if you use the free account, you have limited uploading space. Mine is 500MB this week, for example.

Karen Zypchyn
Journalism Faculty
MacEwan Journalism program
Twitter profile: kzypchyn

> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:26:17 -0700
> Subject: Online presence
> From: asa...@gmail.com
> To: mediacamp...@googlegroups.com

Videos that have everyone talking! Now also in HD! MSN.ca Video.

Mack D. Male

Apr 30, 2010, 12:40:00 PM4/30/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Website will be up today, or tomorrow at the latest. Sorry about that,
I kind of dropped the ball on it.

On Apr 30, 9:37 am, karen zypchyn <kzypc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Great idea about shooting video. Don't forget that with Vimeo, if you use the free account, you have limited uploading space. Mine is 500MB this week, for example.
> Karen ZypchynJournalism FacultyMacEwan Journalism programTwitter profile: kzypchyn
>

> > Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:26:17 -0700
> > Subject: Online presence
> > From: asaf...@gmail.com
> > To: mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
>
> > I've been reviewing the digests for information on our online presence
> > and haven't seen much of anything (unless I've completely missed it).
>
> > I've been rather busy lately and haven't been able to make the
> > meetings, but should be able to be there Sunday.
>
> > Does anyone want to discuss online presence? What I'm referring to is
> > recording the event, wikis, etc. When we put on Changecamp I think it
> > was something we just assumed everyone would do but I think we could
> > have done a bit better.
>
> > I am planning on bringing my video camera again (along with my charger
> > and more memory cards!) but it would be good to have more people
> > recording the event. I put some video up on YouTube, but I think Vimeo
> > will be a better choice this time, due to the 10 minute limit imposed
> > by YouTube.
>
> > I posted a summary of Changecamp:http://alainsaffel.com/changecamp-edmonton-success/
>
> > Here's an example of why I like Vimeohttp://vimeo.com/8986388A 27
> > minute video not broken up.
>
> > I didn't see a MediaCamp group on Flickr, so I set one up:
> >http://www.flickr.com/groups/1371579@N25/
>
> > Did we ever set up an official Mediacamp Edmonton blog or webpage?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Alain

> Videos that have everyone talking! Now also in HD!http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724465

Mack D. Male

May 1, 2010, 3:05:32 AM5/1/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Website is now live (assuming the DNS has been updated)...

http://www.mediacampedmonton.com

Let me know what needs to be changed/added/removed/etc. If anyone has
better logos for Guru and Athabasca (TEKRI) let me know.