Sept. 19 minutes and next steps

1 view

Karen Unland

Sep 22, 2011, 12:01:38 PM9/22/11
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Hello, folks. Sorry for the delay. Here are the minutes from the Sept.
19 meeting at Guru Digital Arts College:

Present: Karen Unland, Mack Male, Brittney Le Blanc, Jeff Samsonow,
Kristina Jarvis, Bruce Winter, Owen Brierley. Witnessed by Adam
Rozenhart :)

1. Committees
- We put people in charge of our four committees. These chairs will
gather up the volunteers they have so far, and recruit some more
people if need be, to get the work done in time for Jan. 28.
- Here are the committees:
- Programming and recruitment - chair Jeff Samsonow, volunteers
Bruce Winter, Sylvia Stead
- Documentation - chair Owen Brierley, volunteers Chandra Lye, Kerry
Powell
- Sponsorship and marketing - chair Karen Unland, volunteers Tamara
Stecyk, Kristina Jarvis
- Logistics and venue - chair Brittney Le Blanc, volunteer Debra
Ward

2. Chairs will put together a list of things that need doing and
report back to Mack and me on Oct. 14. We'll meet at 6:30 p.m., venue
TBA. If you're a volunteer and you haven't heard from your chair by
the end of September, track him/her down. I have everyone's contact
info if you need it.

3. Mack will update the MediaCamp Edmonton website with a "save the
date" message and a survey to see what people want to learn and what
they can teach. Please disseminate that through your channels when
it's up.

4. Brittney, Mack and I will be at DemoCamp on Sept. 29 to talk up
MediaCamp and "woo nerds," as Brittney puts it.

I think that's everything. Let me know if anything is unclear or if I
missed anything.

Karen

Mack Male

Sep 25, 2011, 6:00:48 PM9/25/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the website with the "save the date" message and the survey we discussed: http://www.mediacampedmonton.ca
--
Mack D. Male
http://www.mastermaq.ca

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mastermaq
ShareEdmonton: http://www.shareedmonton.ca

C Lye

Oct 10, 2011, 5:41:10 PM10/10/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,
Happy Thanksgiving. I haven't heard from Owen - do you have a contact e-mail or phone number?
Cheers,
Chandra.

Karen Unland

Oct 11, 2011, 11:01:38 AM10/11/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
You can get him at ow...@gurudigitalarts.com. But as I suggested on Twitter, I'd like to steal you for the sponsorship/marketing committee. Owen's documentation committee is really about capturing the day, and there's not much to do on that before then. But we could really use you to help spread the word and get some money on board. Are you game?

Karen

Sent from my iPhone

C Lye

Oct 11, 2011, 11:27:16 AM10/11/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com

Sure. What do you need me to do?

Karen Unland

Oct 11, 2011, 6:38:26 PM10/11/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
I'll let you know once I get a couple of documents started. One is a list of potential sponsors; the other is a marketing plan. I figured we'd put them on Google Docs and share them with the members of our committee -- Tamara, Kristina Jarvis, me and now you -- to add to or revise. I just need to get some other stuff off my plate before I can do that. Hoping to have it licked by the end of the week.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Karen

Owen

Oct 12, 2011, 9:14:03 AM10/12/11
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Hey Chandra,

Sorry for being clueless and aloof!

I see Karen has already said what I was going to. Day of... etc.

That said, I could use a couple of cycles of thinking on what we
should plan for (equipment, bodies...) for capturing the day. As well,
some thoughts on where to get this stuff on the cheap and freemium. :)

I will put together a google doc that we can all collab on and get
some momentum going.

Thanks!
Owen

On Oct 10, 3:41 pm, C Lye <cly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karen,
> Happy Thanksgiving. I haven't heard from Owen - do you have a contact e-mail
> or phone number?
> Cheers,
> Chandra.
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Karen Unland

Tamara Stecyk

Oct 12, 2011, 9:50:06 AM10/12/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,

I'm going to work on the marketing plan tonight and hope to have it done for you to post.

Thanks,
Tamara