MediaCamp meeting - Aug. 29

Karen Unland

Aug 25, 2011, 2:39:18 AM8/25/11
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Hello, MediaCampers. It's time (well, long past time) to resurrect our
efforts to organize the next MediaCamp. Let us meet at Guru Digital
Arts College (10169 101 St., in the Swedish Jewellers building) at
6:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 29.

To prevent an email avalanche in everyone's inbox, please RSVP
directly to me at ka...@unlandmedia.com. If you can't make it to
Monday's meeting but you would like to be involved, please email me
and I'll make sure you get the information you need. I apologize for
the short notice -- summer has disappeared on us, and this is the only
day before mid-September that I can meet. If you cannot make it to
this meeting, don't worry. There will be others.

Here is an agenda:

1. What do we want MediaCamp to accomplish?

2. How can we organize ourselves to get the job done?

3. When do we want to have it?

4. What tools can we use to keep the email down and the productivity
high as we put this together?

If you have anything to add, please let me know. I would like to
adjourn as close to 8 p.m. as possible.

While MediaCamp is a collaborative effort, it does need someone to
drive it, and I would like to be that person. If you don't think
that's a good idea, we should discuss that on Monday.

I want to acknowledge that a considerable amount of work was done in
the spring at a meeting led by Jas Darrah, which led to this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CJTbsJwH&key=0AiGIamq6XUqJdEJqOXpyTmszODB6ZTI4dG1RejRKanc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJTbsJwH#gid=0

Given the passage of time and the fact that Jas has stepped away from
this year's organizing, I am inclined to consider that document a
resource rather than a blueprint. We will be starting somewhat fresh
on Aug. 29. Again, if you disagree, we should talk.

Once we get going again, my intention is to keep up the momentum. I
realize stops and starts are frustrating for busy people like you who
are eager to give your time to a good cause. So thanks for your
patience, and let's make something awesome happen again.

Karen

Powell, Kerry (Edm Journal)

Aug 25, 2011, 9:23:32 AM8/25/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen
I can't be there Monday, but I'd like to be involved. Please keep me in the loop.
Tx

Marty Stanowich

Aug 25, 2011, 12:46:16 PM8/25/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
I would be involved if I were there. But i'm in Norway so alas. Let me know how it goes and good luck.

Stay Awesome

Marty

Communication Strategies

Aug 26, 2011, 8:08:14 PM8/26/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Karen.
Intending to attend. Have had a health event that is keeping at half speed for a bit. If I don't make it that is why. Will help out though where ever I can.
Bruce

C Lye

Aug 29, 2011, 9:17:35 PM8/29/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com

Hey. I was there but the door is locked.