Registration

Kerry

May 7, 2010, 1:13:31 PM5/7/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Thanks to Mack for the newsy reminder.

I'm part of the crew doing registration, along with Bruce, Tamara,
Chelsey and Brittney. Karen mentioned that the goal of registration
was to keep track of who attends and get their contact info for follow-
up.

I'm assuming we have e-mails already from those who registered via
EventBrite. That's how you built the mailing list for the reminder,
right? So do we need only check attendance against registration, and
register anyone who didn't sign up in advance?

For the latter, would it make sense to use the EventBrite system, so
all the data is in one place? Or is it possible to export what data we
have to Google Docs so any one of us on the registration team could
add new people or correct/confirm existing data?

Does anyone know if there will be a table or tables at the entrance to
the venue where we could set up registration? All five of us should
probably be there to get everyone registered before the panel begins,
and to distribute the nametags, then we could work out a schedule to
staff the table for the rest of the day, or at least until mid-
afternoon.

Debra, are you bringing extra, blank nametags and sharpies?

Kerry

Tamara Stecyk

May 7, 2010, 1:25:45 PM5/7/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
And thanks Kerry for the e-mail about registration.

My suggestion is that we may want to mark off participants with a highlighter to indicate that they have come through the registration table. That could be one or two people's roles and two others can hand out the name tags. Another person can be available for any troubleshooting.

Tamara

djgirl/DebraWard

May 7, 2010, 1:43:08 PM5/7/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
There will be three distinct lines for registrations. A-K L-R S-Z (or
similar groupings). I will have pre-printed name tags for those who
have registered in advance (up to the point when I start printing them
off!). There are masses of blank name tags and sharpies.

Organizers, volunteers and panelists name tags will be distinctive
(likely a coloured ribbon is what I am thinking).

It was thought to make those who have pre-registered simply pick up
their name tags from the table and then be on their way! Those that do
not show up will be in the leftover pile.

All the information we need is on EventBrite so it was decided there
was no need to complicate Saturday's process.

People who simply show up will be registered on EventBrite on site (I
will set up my laptop for this) so hopefully the registration area
does not get bogged down.

We do need a person who wants to be responsible for this aspect as
this should be the only bottleneck,

I know there are always people who don't pick up their name tags etc.
but hopefully between us all we can eliminate them from those who are
simply no shows.

This is what I remember, took away from the last meeting. Anyone
correct me if I am wrong.

See everyone tomorrow bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Well see everyone
at least!

Debra

On May 7, 11:25 am, Tamara Stecyk <tste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And thanks Kerry for the e-mail about registration.
>
> My suggestion is that we may want to mark off participants with a
> highlighter to indicate that they have come through the registration table.
> That could be one or two people's roles and two others can hand out the name
> tags. Another person can be available for any troubleshooting.
>
> Tamara

Bruce Winter

May 7, 2010, 2:15:48 PM5/7/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Like the three lines for registration.
Think one person needs to man oops operate the computer for those who may simply show up on Saturday. That registrants archive is key asset going forward. Kerry may I nominate you to take on that task?

DW do you have extra paper, in the registration Kit? We need to get paper on the chairs for folks to write their session ideas on?
Bruce Winter
Communication Strategies
780 801 1654
Skype: nitguy

djgirl/DebraWard

May 7, 2010, 2:16:29 PM5/7/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
I have lots of paper!

Kerry

May 7, 2010, 2:17:39 PM5/7/10
to MediaCamp Edmonton
Great to hear you've got most of the details sorted out, Debra!

I accept your nomination, Bruce. I'll bring my laptop and could
babysit Debra's, too, so unregistered folks can sign in and make a
nametag as they arrive. Maybe someone else could step in after lunch?
By then, perhaps only one person will be needed to greet, register and
ensure nametags are picked up.