Audio/Video needs

Jeff Samsonow

Apr 19, 2010, 6:52:46 PM4/19/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang,

we'll have to get our own projector(s) and microphones for the day. Not sure of cost just yet...talking to Sharps AV (which is what the Shaw recommended).

So...what do you think our needs are?

1 or 2 projectors...table microphones...wireless mics...audio for our projector(s)?...etc...

Jeff S.

Jason Darrah

Apr 19, 2010, 6:55:40 PM4/19/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com

They can be costly. We should minimize use – maybe just P/A and 5 handheld wireless mikes (3 with table stands, one for MC, one for questions) and use our own laptops and projectors, where required.

Jeff Samsonow

Apr 19, 2010, 7:03:33 PM4/19/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Good points.

Anybody got a projector? Anyone got a beat on some wireless mics?

Jeff S.

Jason Darrah

Apr 19, 2010, 7:15:40 PM4/19/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com

I have a projector and Mack has at least one.

Sharps AV is needed for the mikes.

Jason Darrah

Communications Business Partner

City of Edmonton

Tel: (780) 496-4114

Cell: (780) 920-4394

www.edmonton.ca

Mack Male

Apr 19, 2010, 7:42:19 PM4/19/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
I have two projectors actually...and can bring the better one. Do we have to go with Sharp for microphones because of Shaw?
--
Mack D. Male
http://www.mastermaq.ca

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mastermaq
ShareEdmonton: http://www.shareedmonton.ca

Jeff Samsonow

Apr 23, 2010, 12:25:06 AM4/23/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
I've confirmed we do not have to go with Sharps...which has sent us a projected cost of $825 for microphones, sound system, tech-guy, etc...

So...where else can we look for some wireless microphones, et al?
I can keep looking around, I just want to know a few of the usual suspects to check out.

Jeff S.

Bruce Winter

Apr 23, 2010, 1:08:10 AM4/23/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Jeff:

May be CTV or Global, ask the news guys if we could 'borrow' a system for a day.
Bruce

Bruce Winter
Communication Strategies
Skype: nitguy

Pondside Web Productions

Apr 30, 2010, 1:52:27 PM4/30/10
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Could somebody pls send a needs list to ky...@kdlaudio.com ? (Cc me at
syl...@pondside.com so I know it's been done, please.) He'll get back
to you with what he can provide and for how much. He knows what Sharp
quoted. Thanks!
-Sylvia

Sent from my mobile device

Pondside Digital Media Inc. | www.pondside.com