MediaCamp Edmonton: Planning Meeting Minutes

Mack Male

Sep 4, 2011, 5:20:02 PM9/4/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com, ka...@unlandmedia.com, su...@focuscom.ca, edwaves...@gmail.com, kristin...@gmail.com
Hello everyone,
We had a successful planning meeting last week - thank you to Karen for getting the ball rolling and to Owen for hosting us at Guru!

The link to the minutes is below, but here are the highlights:
  • Our goal with the next MediaCamp is to get coders and storytellers together to help each other do their work better.
  • In that context, we want the next MediaCamp to be about exploring ways to get information to the people through more advanced means than we use right now.
  • Our target date for the event is January 28, 2012.
Our proposed structure to make this happen is to have an Organizing Committee that oversees the project, with subcommittees entrusted to go off and do the work and report back. Karen & Mack will be responsible for overall project management, and we have come up with four subcommittees. Each subcommittee will elect a chair who will be responsible for organizing the subcommittee's meetings and ensuring that the work of the subcommittee is happening.
Please fill out this form to indicate which subcommittee you'd like to be a part of: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHlhTWd2U0ZLR2F1MzhZNHB1TE5QeXc6MQ

If you could fill that out no later than Friday, September 9 that would be great. The next step will be for each subcommittee to hold a first meeting to get started. I will help to organize those initial meetings after I have received all of the form submissions.
I have uploaded my notes/minutes from the planning meeting here:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Mack D. Male
http://www.mastermaq.ca

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mastermaq
ShareEdmonton: http://www.shareedmonton.ca

Mack Male

Sep 9, 2011, 5:00:54 PM9/9/11
to mediacamp...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that if you could please try to fill out the subcommittee form today that would much appreciated!