Dexcom G4

Andy

Aug 22, 2014, 4:17:42 AM8/22/14
to mede...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

In last few weeks I have been testing Dexcom G4 device (I have it till end of August) and I started to work on reading data from device... At this point it looks quite ok... But I came around one curiosity... Some of data is stored binary and some as Xml... Now with Xml I had no problem, but I am now starting with binary part...

Only problem I see that they have versioning of this binary objects... I know that some people have already tried doing this in other languages (I am doing this in Java and it will become part of my GNU Gluco Control project I am working on) so I am wondering how did other people solve this problem? Do you even support this... I hope any of Dexcom hackers is here around...

Any idea or sollution would be helpful.

Andy

Alexandre Normand

Aug 22, 2014, 11:18:38 AM8/22/14
to andy....@gmail.com, mede...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andy,
I haven’t addressed this specific issue per-say but I have written a sync api in java. This was done mostly as an exploration phase to a OS X native implementation so it’s not actively maintained but I used it for a while successfully.

And my (more polished), objective-c version: https://github.com/alexandre-normand/bloodSheltie

Cheers!

Alex

Benjamin West

Aug 22, 2014, 12:55:04 PM8/22/14
to Andy, MeDevice List
Howdy Andy,

You can check out the dexcom protocol here:

HTH, happy hacking!

-bewest