Resizable array, the fastest known approach

r r

Feb 8, 2022, 6:51:06 AM2/8/22
to mechanical-sympathy
Hello,
1. What is the fastest implementation of resizable array in Java? I know only one, that copies whole array to larger, new allocated array (offheap or noheap, do not care now).
2. I have one idea to implement (at least on Linux) no-copy, resizable array by using mremap syscall. Then, only internal page table structures are copied - no copying of content array. It seems to be really no-copy resizable array. However, I do not find a such implementation anywhere. It mean, that I am wrong. Why?

Greg Young

Feb 8, 2022, 6:54:04 AM2/8/22
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com

Studying for the Turing test