Where has PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime gone?

Wojciech Kudla

May 14, 2020, 6:57:54 AM5/14/20
to mechanical-sympathy
Hi,

While evaluating different post-java 8 JVMs I noticed that PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime is an unsupported option now.
According to Chris Newland's awesome list of JVM options it has been removed in Java 9 never to return.
Was trying to find an equivalent option with no luck.
How do we get safepoint metrics on the newer JVMs?

Thanks
W.

Jean-Philippe BEMPEL

May 14, 2020, 7:16:27 AM5/14/20
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Try -Xlog:safepoint

Regards

Wojciech Kudla

May 14, 2020, 7:19:58 AM5/14/20
to mechanical-sympathy

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:16 PM Jean-Philippe BEMPEL <jean-p...@bempel.fr> wrote:
Hi

Try -Xlog:safepoint

Regards

On Thursday, May 14, 2020, Wojciech Kudla <wojciec...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

While evaluating different post-java 8 JVMs I noticed that PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime is an unsupported option now.
According to Chris Newland's awesome list of JVM options it has been removed in Java 9 never to return.
Was trying to find an equivalent option with no luck.
How do we get safepoint metrics on the newer JVMs?

Thanks
W.

Yuji Kubota

May 14, 2020, 7:23:45 AM5/14/20