Guerrilla Capacity Planning: A Tactical Approach to Planning for Highly Scalable Applications

Martin Thompson

Apr 28, 2014, 9:09:00 AM4/28/14
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
For those interesting in scalability, and are not afraid of a little mathematics, then this book is a good read.

Neil Gunther takes Amdahl's Law and applies a nice dose of real world behaviour with the introduction of Universal Scalability Law (USL). I keep finding that USL so well describes what I'm seeing in real world observations.

Martin...

Peter Booth

May 30, 2014, 9:05:30 AM5/30/14
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Its awesome. There's a nice article by Baron Schwarz helped me to grok USL

I've found USL excellent at two things:
1. accurately predicting system throughput
2. identifying benchmark and test results that are bogus

The second has turned out to be more valuable.

Peter Booth