22 dead, 50-60 injured in blue state maniac mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine; person of interest sought

Mentally ill Biden voters

Oct 26, 2023, 12:25:18 AM10/26/23
At least 22 people are dead and 50-60 more were injured in a mass shooting
at two businesses in Lewiston, Maine, according to NBC News.

The Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office said around 8 p.m. that a suspect
was at large, sharing a photo of a gunman walking into an establishment
with a weapon raised to his shoulder.

“Please stay off the roads to allow emergency responders access to the
hospitals,” police said.

Police believe they know who the shooting suspect is and what vehicle he
is driving, according to NBC News chief justice contributor Jonathan
Dienst. He said the suspect might have a past criminal record, but there
is no word yet on a motive.

Scott Sweetow, a former agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms & Explosives, told NBC10 Boston the gun appears to be an AR-15
style weapon, a very common type of semi-automatic rifle.

"It has an optic on it, some sort of scope," Sweetow said. "He also has a
flashlight on the front, some sort of tactical light. He also has some
sort of magazines. They appear go be three-round magazines attached
together. He's kitted out to kill people."

"This is a very active and dynamic situation. The image of at least one
active killer has been released by police. He is armed with a tactical
rifle," Jim Cavanaugh, an NBC News law enforcement contributor and a
former special agent in the ATF, said in a text message.

"Law Enforcement is now swarming the area attempting to locate, isolate
and eliminate the active killer or killers," he said.

Lewiston police said the shootings occurred at Sparetime Recreation, a
bowling alley, and Schemengees Bar and Grille, a restaurant.

Police released a photo just before 11 p.m. of a person of interest wanted
in connection with the mass shooting who they identified as 40-year-old
Robert Card. They said he should be considered "armed and dangerous."

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-
6/395250254_717379410425564_7834451967168983468_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-
7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=Ko3Og5x2_uUAX8x3VyB&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-
1.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AfDcqJa66vVEjy_LJQBpZdo9JxZSotzXwazav6BGH3wRAA
&oe=653DEE33

They also released a photo of a vehicle they are looking for.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-
6/395257717_717316497098522_8520567885829149453_n.jpg?stp=dst-
jpg_p370x247&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=PaFn51NfQg0AX-
nxj39&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-
1.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AfBVqnriUKJqfqdQBYCAHEhkt46jntNstRaVpFQuXo3w8A
&oe=653E2553

There were no initial signs of terrorism.

Central Maine Medical Center said it was "reacting to a mass casualty,
mass shooter event," adding that there are "no specifics to share on the
number of casualties." A woman who answered the phone in the emergency
department said no further information could be released and that the
hospital itself was on lockdown.

Melinda Small, the owner of Legends Sports Bar and Grill, said her staff
immediately locked their doors and moved all 25 customers and employees
away from the doors after a customer reported hearing about the shooting
at the bowling alley less than a quarter-mile away around 7 p.m. Soon, the
police flooded the roadway and a police officer eventually escorted
everyone out of the building four at a time. Everyone in the bar is safe.

“I am honestly in a state of shock. I am blessed that my team responded
quickly and everyone is safe,” Small told The Associated Press. “But the
same time, my heart is broken for this area and for what everyone is
dealing with. I just feel numb.”

Ange Amores, a spokesperson for the city of Lewiston, said city officials
are not commenting on the shooting. Amores said Maine State Police were
planning to hold a news conference, likely at city hall, to update the
public on Wednesday night.

Mayor Jason Levesque, the mayor of nearby Auburn, urged people in his
city, Lewiston and the surrounding region to shelter in place.

"We have everybody on board right now, from state, local and federal
officials working on this," he told NBC News in a phone interview.

The alert for Lewiston was made shortly after 8 p.m. as the sheriff's
office reported that law enforcement agencies were investigating “two
active shooter events.” Officials issued an update around 10 p.m. for what
they described as a manhunt.

"Avoid the area until authorities give the all-clear,” the statement said.
“Seek alternative routes to circumvent the area and any disruptions. If
already operating in the affected region, adhere to all instructions
issued by local officials, including the shelter-in-place order.”

“We are encouraging all businesses to lock down and or close while we
investigate,” the sheriff's office reported.

A spokesperson for Maine Department of Public Safety urged residents to
stay in their homes with their doors locked.

“Law enforcement is currently investigating at two locations right now,"
Shannon Moss said. "Again please stay off the streets and allow law
enforcement to diffuse the situation.”

Anyone who sees "any suspicious activity or individuals" is asked to call
911.

Police also released a photo of a vehicle they are looking for in the
shooting investigation.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-
6/395257717_717316497098522_8520567885829149453_n.jpg?stp=dst-
jpg_p370x247&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=PaFn51NfQg0AX-
nxj39&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-
1.xx&edm=AN6CN6oEAAAA&oh=00_AfBVqnriUKJqfqdQBYCAHEhkt46jntNstRaVpFQuXo3w8A
&oe=653E2553

"I am aware of and have been briefed on the active shooter situation in
Lewiston," Gov. Janet Mills said in a statement. "I urge all people in the
area to follow the direction of State and local enforcement. I will to
continue to monitor the situation and remain in close contact with public
safety officials."

Sen. Angus King also issued a statement on X, the platform formerly known
as Twitter, saying he is "deeply sad" for the city of Lewiston.

Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey also issued a statement on X.

President Joe Biden has been briefed on what is known so far about the
mass shooting and will continue to receive updates, according to a senior
White House official. He is currently at the State Dinner with Australian
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.

U.S. Attorney Merrick Garland has also been briefed on the situation and
is following the latest developments.

“The Attorney General has been briefed and will continue to closely
monitor the situation. Federal law enforcement agencies are assisting our
state and local law enforcement partners in Lewiston, Maine,” spokesperson
Xochitl Hinojosa told NBC News.

The ATF's Boston office said it is also responding to the active shooter
event in Maine.

Bates College, which is located in Lewiston, is currently on lockdown,
according to a campus spokesperson.

Public schools in Lewiston will be closed on Thursday, the district's
superintendent said in a message on the school district website.

"There remains a lot of unknowns at this time. Information moves quickly
but not alway accurately," Jake Langlais, the superintendent, said in a
message on the district's website. "Please continue to shelter in place or
get to safety. We will continue to update you with information and next
steps as appropriate."

"Stay close to your loved ones. Embrace them. Our prayers go out to those
who lost someone tonight," he added.

Lewiston, a city of about 38,000 people, is located in south-central
Maine, about 35 miles north of Portland on Interstate 95.

https://www.necn.com/news/local/maine-authorities-investigate-2-active-
shooter-events/3075726/

Copper

Oct 26, 2023, 10:17:24 AM10/26/23

>At least 22 people are dead and 50-60 more were injured in a mass shooting
>at two businesses in Lewiston, Maine, according to NBC News.

This is what our great Founders imagined when they put pen to paper to write
the 2A. Mass killings are simply the price of freedom. No other country
has such things because they're afraid of excellence.

Conservative politicians and gun lobbyists are probably beefing up their
security because they fear being shot.

Governor Swill

Oct 27, 2023, 1:23:09 AM10/27/23
On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 04:25:16 -0000 (UTC), Mentally ill Biden voters
<biden....@maine.2023> wrote:

>At least 22 people are dead and 50-60 more were injured in a mass shooting
>at two businesses in Lewiston, Maine, according to NBC News.
<snip>
>Police released a photo just before 11 p.m. of a person of interest wanted
>in connection with the mass shooting who they identified as 40-year-old
>Robert Card. They said he should be considered "armed and dangerous."
>
><https://tinyurl.com/3t57347p>

Figures. It's a white guy. Probably a Trump voter.

>They also released a photo of a vehicle they are looking for.
><https://tinyurl.com/3u45bhbt>

Even his vehicle is white.

>There were no initial signs of terrorism.

Really? This isn't terrorism?

<snip>
>Lewiston, a city of about 38,000 people, is located in south-central
>Maine, about 35 miles north of Portland on Interstate 95.
>
>https://www.necn.com/news/local/maine-authorities-investigate-2-active-shooter-events/3075726/

Yep. It's a white guy with a semi auto and a scope.

Swill
--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Oct 27, 2023, 1:24:00 AM10/27/23
On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:34:50 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <uhcpnc$3m65t$1...@news.mixmin.net>,
> Mentally ill Biden voters <biden....@maine.2023> wrote:
>
>> At least 22 people are dead and 50-60 more were injured in a mass shooting
>> at two businesses in Lewiston, Maine, according to NBC News.
>>
>> The Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office said around 8 p.m. that a suspect
>> was at large, sharing a photo of a gunman walking into an establishment
>> with a weapon raised to his shoulder.
>>
>> "Please stay off the roads to allow emergency responders access to the
>> hospitals," police said.
>>
>> Police believe they know who the shooting suspect is and what vehicle he
>> is driving, according to NBC News chief justice contributor Jonathan
>> Dienst. He said the suspect might have a past criminal record, but there
>> is no word yet on a motive.
>
>Who knows what set him off? Could be because the judge slapped a $10,000
>fine on Big Daddy today.

It's not gonna help BD if the guy *is* a Trump voter and that gets out.

Governor Swill

Oct 27, 2023, 5:33:54 AM10/27/23
On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 01:23:56 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:34:50 -0500, super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <uhcpnc$3m65t$1...@news.mixmin.net>,
>> Mentally ill Biden voters <biden....@maine.2023> wrote:
>>
>>> At least 22 people are dead and 50-60 more were injured in a mass shooting
>>> at two businesses in Lewiston, Maine, according to NBC News.
>>>
>>> The Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office said around 8 p.m. that a suspect
>>> was at large, sharing a photo of a gunman walking into an establishment
>>> with a weapon raised to his shoulder.
>>>
>>> "Please stay off the roads to allow emergency responders access to the
>>> hospitals," police said.
>>>
>>> Police believe they know who the shooting suspect is and what vehicle he
>>> is driving, according to NBC News chief justice contributor Jonathan
>>> Dienst. He said the suspect might have a past criminal record, but there
>>> is no word yet on a motive.
>>
>>Who knows what set him off? Could be because the judge slapped a $10,000
>>fine on Big Daddy today.
>
>It's not gonna help BD if the guy *is* a Trump voter and that gets out.

Btw, it has now been confirmed by his family that Card was MAGA.

Swill
--
You know what's more fun than watching Russians die on a Ukrainian
battlefield?

Watching Russians *burning* on a Ukrainian battlefield!
<https://twitter.com/TonyaLevchuk/status/1717158589725302984?s=20>
(Do not watch if you're a snowflake)

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/