Mainiac elections official who removed Trump from primary ballot targeted in swatting incident, police say

gavin the baboon

Dec 30, 2023, 6:05:09 PM12/30/23
State police say they responded to a swatting call at the home of Maine
State Secretary of State Shenna Bellows on Friday night, a day after she
removed former President Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 primary
ballot.

Police say no residents were at the Manchester home when the incident
occurred around 8:25 p.m. Maine State Police officers “conducted an
exterior check of the residence and an interior sweep” of Bellows’ home at
her request but did not locate anything suspicious, according to a
statement released Saturday.

Swatting is a prank call made to authorities with the purpose of luring
them to a location – usually a home – where they are led to believe a
crime has been committed or is in progress. This results in a forceful
response from local police or SWAT teams, which have no way of knowing the
call is a hoax.

Bellows, a Democrat, on Thursday removed Trump from Maine’s 2024 primary
ballot, in a decision based on the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban.”
Bellows put her decision on hold until Maine’s Superior Court issues a
ruling. State law lays out timelines for that court and, if the decision
is appealed, for the state Supreme Court to act by the end of January.

Bellows told CNN on Friday that her office has received threats since her
decision.

“We have received threatening communications,” she told CNN’s Kaitlan
Collins on “The Situation Room.”

“I certainly worry about the safety of people that I love, people around
me, and people charged with protecting me and working alongside me,” she
added. “That being said, we are a nation of laws, and that’s what’s really
important. So, I have been laser-focused on that obligation to uphold the
Constitution.”

Bellows acknowledged the swatting call in a Facebook post, saying she and
her husband, Brandon, are safe and were not home on Friday when “threats
escalated” and their home address was posted online.

The secretary of state called the swatting of her home and the “non-stop
threatening communications” that her colleagues have been receiving since
Friday unacceptable.

“It’s designed to scare not only me but also others into silence, to send
a message,” she wrote.

You corrupt un-American Democrat bitches started this swatting shit first
when you went after MTG and her family on Christmas day. Turn about is
fair play you diseased cunt.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/30/politics/maine-secretary-of-state-bellows-
swatted/index.html

56g.1183

Dec 31, 2023, 12:10:28 AM12/31/23
Things are getting more "rough" of late. "Swatting"
was honed as a political weapon by the further left,
and they now complain when it's done to them. After
all they ARE 101% Perfect/Righteous ... :-)

My concern is if things keep getting MORE 'rough'.
Extremists - from both ends - WILL push this, hoping
to gain ultimate power by rolling the dice in a VERY
high-stakes game.

Citizens must see through this - keep things within
a sane range. Otherwise the USA will quickly resemble
the middle-east ... NOT good for ANYONE, not EVER.

John Doe

Dec 31, 2023, 12:27:43 AM12/31/23
On 12/30/2023 10:10 PM, 56g.1183 wrote:
> Things are getting more "rough" of late. "Swatting"
> was honed as a political weapon by the further left,
> and they now complain when it's done to them. After
> all they ARE 101% Perfect/Righteous ...   :-)

Any student of modern history knows this as BS.

You can always tell an extremist. They're the ones who say only the
other side does evil, and their side is just.

> My concern is if things keep getting MORE 'rough'.
> Extremists - from both ends - WILL push this, hoping
> to gain ultimate power by rolling the dice in a VERY
> high-stakes game.

I do agree that extremists are the evil ones. The two sides have very
much in common, despite the extremists trying to convince everyone
otherwise.

> Citizens must see through this - keep things within
> a sane range. Otherwise the USA will quickly resemble
> the middle-east ... NOT good for ANYONE, not EVER.

Again, I totally agree.