Request to calculate axial distribution function

Amit Srivastava

May 19, 2022, 9:38:32 AM5/19/22
to MDnalysis discussion
Hi,

I am trying to calculate the axial distribution function using MD analysis. I would request you to please help in calculating the axial distribution function.

Thanks!

With regards,

Amit

Hugo Macdermott-Opeskin

Jul 22, 2022, 11:14:44 PM7/22/22
to MDnalysis discussion
Hi Amit,

I am not exactly sure what an axial distribution function is and It is not available as a default analysis in MDA.
 If you could provide some more docs on what we would need to calculate perhaps we can help.

Cheers

Hugo

Amit Srivastava

Aug 17, 2022, 8:49:33 PM8/17/22
to mdnalysis-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hugo,

Actually, I want to calculate the pair correlation function along the Z direction. The expression is given below:

g(Z) = 1/N \sum_{i=1}^{N} \sum_{j =1 j\neq i}{N} <\delta(z-z_{ij})>

Do you have any class for this is MD analysis? Please let me know.

Thanks!

With regards,

Amit

Oliver Beckstein

Aug 18, 2022, 10:14:05 AM8/18/22
to mdnalysis-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

There’s no class in MDA to do exactly what you want.

You could write your own, based on the existing Inter_RDF() class.

Best,
Oliver

Oliver Beckstein * oliver.b...@asu.edu
Department of Physics and Center for Biological Physics
Arizona State University

Am 8/17/22 um 17:49 schrieb Amit Srivastava <amitp...@gmail.com>:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MDnalysis discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mdnalysis-discussion/CAMWoyw%3DRST9gg%3DDYhseZaVqwTNd8hzLgRbrrAqdVsNZFVphCUg%40mail.gmail.com.