Issues with MDAnalysis version 1.1.1 (X-post from GitHub)

x11

Nov 4, 2021, 2:24:14 PM11/4/21
to MDnalysis discussion

(Cross-post from https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/issues/3450 in hopes I can get this resolved soon)

Hi,
I am trying to execute a python module in anaconda on ubuntu which requires version 1.1.1 of MDAnalysis. I have created a separate conda environment with the prerequisite versions of packages installed (hence 1.1.1). In terminal using this environment, running conda list shows that I have mdanalysis 1.1.1 installed however when trying to execute the aforementioned module I get an ModuleNotFound error stating that there is no module named MDAnalysis.

If I run which python it returns as /home/user/anaconda3/bin/python which I think is the right place. I am running python 3.8.8 and Ubuntu 21.10

Irfan Alibay

Nov 4, 2021, 4:06:22 PM11/4/21
to MDnalysis discussion

Hi,

Sorry the timestamps here are a little bit confusing - it seems like the issue was resolved in the end, is this correct?

Best regards,

Irfan

x11

Nov 5, 2021, 8:43:10 PM11/5/21
to MDnalysis discussion
Yes this is correct, I had an issue where my python environment defaulted to my base anaconda python environment. This has since been fixed.