How to suppress plot and plotting returned AxesSubplot object?

distribut...@googlemail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 12:08:50 PM11/1/22
to MDnalysis discussion
Dear all,

Firstly, thank you (to Richard) for the help with PersistenceLength. I've got autocorrelation on my protein working. The plot it generates is great.

I have several of these plots, so I'm hoping someone could help me understand how to:

1) suppress the visualisation of the PersistenceLength.plot() in a Juypter Notebook. I want to get the data to plot, whilst preventing MDAnalysis from rendering anything.
2) capture the returned AxesSubplot object from the PersistenceLength.plot() method,
3) and finally, how does one (with an example, I find Python code extremely difficult to follow because of evil "duck typing") build a subplot of 4 plottable areas, adding an instance of AxesSubplot to each?

Many thanks
Anthony