Re: [mdnalysis-discussion] How can I deal with the failed information when I run the test?

Oliver Beckstein

Jan 11, 2023, 11:33:53 AM1/11/23
to mdnalysis-discussion
Hi Quan,

The test failure is curious and unexpected because our own tests on Windows pass. But there might be something about your set-up that we didn’t consider.

Although we would like to figure out what’s happening (and possibly fix it), it should not be a problem for you unless you need to use the hole2 analysis module (where the test fails). Everything else in MDAnalysis is working.

Furthermore, the test checks a hacky workaround in the hole2 module that you might never need (namely, shortening file names). Still, we want the tests to pass on ALL machines. Can you provide more information on how you installed MDAnalysis (which version, which operating system, for you as a user or system-wide…)?

Best,
Oliver

On Jan 10, 2023, at 12:55 PM, quan <wwwq8...@gmail.com> wrote:

The screenshot is not clear.
The error shows that
FAILED anaconda3/lib/site-packages/MDAnalysisTests/analysis/test_hole2.py::TestCheckAndFixLongFilename::test_symlink_dir - OSError: [WinError 1314] A required privilege is not held by the client: 'really_real...
FAILED anaconda3/lib/site-packages/MDAnalysisTests/analysis/test_hole2.py::TestCheckAndFixLongFilename::test_symlink_file - OSError: [WinError 1314] A required privilege is not held by the client: 'aaaaaaaaaa...
2 failed

在2023年1月10日星期二 UTC-5 14:52:20<quan> 写道:
Hi,
I'm trying to install MDAnalysis following the installation instruction on Anaconda.
I followed all the steps.
But when I tried to run the test command -- ' pytest --disable-pytest-warnings --pyargs MDAnalysisTests '
It showed 2 failed, and I don't know how to deal with it.
I have attached the error below:

Thanks a lot, if you could help me!

Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

GitHub: @orbeckst

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project

irfan....@googlemail.com

Jan 11, 2023, 11:44:54 AM1/11/23
to MDnalysis discussion
>  The test failure is curious and unexpected

Sorry to correct this, this is actually somewhat known (i.e. it has been observed previously, although outside of CI) - it's somewhat related to this: https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/issues/3556

That being said any more information that could be provided could be very useful in eventually fixing this problem.

From our current understanding, the issue seems to stem with some file permission issues that occur with anaconda installations on Windows. Generally this _shouldn't_ affect users unless, as Oliver mentions, this specific hole2 code path is used.