Regarding Lammps trajectroy

Aashish Bhatt

May 13, 2024, 2:06:08 AMMay 13
to MDnalysis Discussion (ARCHIVED)

Dear MDAnalysis group,

I have encountered while attempting to use MDAnalysis for analyzing LAMMPS MD trajectories. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

I am trying to load a trajectory file in the LAMMPS dump format (format="lammpsdump"), along with a corresponding topology file (v2.data).

u = mda.Universe('v2.data', 'data.production2.lip.lammpstrj',
                 topology_format="data", format="lammpsdump", atom_style='id resid type x y z',guess_bonds=True)

However, I consistently encounter the following error:This error occurs when MDAnalysis attempts to read lines from the trajectory file, suggesting that the number of values in each line does not match the expected format.

ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 5)

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. I look forward to your response and assistance.

Reagards,

Aashish

Oliver Beckstein

May 13, 2024, 7:15:26 PMMay 13
to mdnalysis-discussion
Hello Aashish,

The Google Group is retired and ony open for archival purposes. Please ask your question in the forum at https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/discussions

Thanks,
Oliver

--
Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

email: orbe...@mdanalysis.org
twitter: @orbeckst
GitHub: @orbeckst

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project

Aashish Bhatt

May 13, 2024, 7:30:23 PMMay 13
to mdnalysis-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply.

Richard Gowers

May 14, 2024, 2:12:41 PMMay 14
to mdnalysis-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aashish

That’s a confusing error as it looks like it expects 5 values but the style you provide has 6 fields. Can you post a small example trajectory to help us debug this?

Thanks
Richard