regarding gsoc'21

Shivam Sundram

Mar 10, 2021, 1:08:55 PM3/10/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com

Hello Team,

First of all congratulations on being selected in GSOC’21 , I am shivam sundram undergraduate student in Computational biology , I have been working on python and ML in general for about 2 years now ,I am excitedly looking forward in working with MDANALYSIS in gsoc’21 especially on the project  `Molecular volume and surface analysis` As a student of computational biology I have knowledge of biomolecules and its dynamics and with integrating my skill set of python I would like to explore the project at my fullest.

A brief description about me,

I have been using python over 2 years and been contributing to various open source organisations on GitHub (my profile: https://github.com/RATED-R-SUNDRAM)  for about 1 year and have over 100 contributions to different orgs. Its my first time participating in gsoc and I am excited to work on my first project for gsoc’21 with md analysis .

Any information how to get started with the project would be very helpful

Hoping to get a reply soon!!

Shivam sundram

Ss6...@gmail.com

Oliver Beckstein

Mar 10, 2021, 3:49:16 PM3/10/21
to mdnalysis-devel
Hello Shivam Sundram,

Welcome to MDAnalysis and GSoC.

To get you started, we recommend that you get familiar with MDAnalysis (see the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/ and the FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ) and then work on an issue.

We’re also happy to talk about projects when you have specific questions. If possible, could you also provide us with your GitHub handle? This way we can consolidate any issues/PRs you contribute to with this introduction and any other interactions we have with you on the developers list.

Best,
Oliver
--
Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project

Shivam Sundram

Mar 11, 2021, 1:46:55 AM3/11/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Oliver,

            I have provided my GitHub link  in the last mail also it https://github.com/RATED-R-SUNDRAM and the Github handle  is RATED-R-SUNDRAM.

Shivam sundram

Ss6...@gmail.com

Oliver Beckstein

Mar 11, 2021, 2:23:33 AM3/11/21
to mdnalysis-devel
Thank you!

(I had realized that your handle was in your GH URL… but only after I sent my email.)

Oliver

ialibay

Apr 5, 2021, 7:28:57 PM4/5/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hi Shivam Sundram,

This is just a reminder that the deadline for applications is April 13th. We have not recorded any merged pull requests from you (which is a requirement for the MDAnalysis application process). If you are still interested, please do open a pull request as soon as possible.

Feel free to share your draft application too and we'll try to give feedback before the deadline.

Best regards,

Irfan