Regarding Type Hinting

Uma Kadam

Apr 15, 2022, 8:16:06 AM4/15/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello mentors ,

In this project we have
1) writing type hints for code which follow PEP 484 and so on .
2) Using dynamic and static type checkers as type hinting just suggests the types but doesn't enforce them .

But as I am not that familiar with CI pipeline could you please elaborate the point
"Set up type analysis in continuous integration pipeline ?"
Like what exactly is expected to be done wrt the CI pipeline .

Jonathan Barnoud

Apr 15, 2022, 8:50:38 AM4/15/22
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you opened a pull request for MDAnalysis, you may have noticed that a battery of tests did run every time you pushed. This is what we talk about when we talk about the CI pipeline.

They are tools to analyse type annotated python code, see mypy and pyright. For the type hinting to be useful, we want to run these tools alongside all the tests we already run.

You can have a look at github actions to see how we implement most of our test pipeline.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Uma Kadam

Apr 18, 2022, 2:23:07 PM4/18/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello mentor,

I have actually submitted my outreachy final application . Could you please take a look at the timeline part of it  and suggest me a few improvements ?

Micaela Matta

Apr 21, 2022, 11:03:17 AM4/21/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello,

we have received your request to review an Outreachy application via a private channel. For transparency I am reiterating that we do not use private communication channels to deal with Outreachy or GSoC applicants.

Thanks

Micaela

Uma Kadam

Apr 21, 2022, 6:27:38 PM4/21/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Yes , am extremely sorry about that .Actually when i shared the google doc link and added the mentors as editors i just typed the request in the message column . I should have requested for an review here too .

Jonathan Barnoud

Apr 22, 2022, 1:24:38 AM4/22/22
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Hi,