Prosepective applicant for applying to GSOC

Sai Aka

Feb 21, 2021, 2:05:58 AM2/21/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello Devs,

I would love to take the oppurtunity of introducing myself, My name is Sai Aka, I am electronic and communication engineering sophomore from Shiv Nadar University, due to working closely with Hardware Description Languages as part of course work, I am proficent with C, Matlab and Machine code, I have done course work in CS and Math departments where I have learnt Python and logical programming, I have done many mini projects ranging from data analysis, data visualization, work with high level heuristic algorithms, My intention to apply is that the work done by your team is so cool, I genuinely want to contribute to such a cool project and I feel I can contribute much to the community.

Sincerely,
Sai Aka
School of Engineering
Shiv Nadar University

irfan....@googlemail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 6:38:12 PM4/5/21
to MDnalysis-devel

Hi,

Apologies, it looks like we never got back to you as you had emailed before MDAnalysis was accepted as a GSoC organization.

If you are still interested in applying for GSoC with MDAnalysis, you still have a week to complete our selection requirements (merging a commit to MDAnalysis).

To get you started, we recommend that you get familiar with MDAnalysis (see the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/ and the FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ) and then work on an issue. We’re also happy to talk about projects when you have specific questions.

If you could provide us with your github handle too that would be great - this helps us to consolidate any issues/PRs you contribute to with this introduction and any other interactions we have with you on the developers list.

Best regards,

Irfan

Sai Aka

Apr 13, 2021, 9:50:09 AM4/13/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hey Irafan,

I am sorry to reply to you this late, I have missed your message yet, as I have been selected on a research project this summer I have side tracked my GSOC prospects to next year, but I want to be involved, I will start picking up some of PR's and this is my github id: sai_lalith, My query is that of will this be the offical channel of all discussions or is it only for gsoc?

Best Regards,
Sai Aka
SoE, EECS Department
Shiv Nadar University

ialibay

Apr 13, 2021, 12:13:54 PM4/13/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hi,

> My query is that of will this be the offical channel of all discussions or is it only for gsoc?

This is the main developer list for MDAnalysis. So it's the place for any questions related to MDAnalysis development (we count GSoC as part of that).

And then any issues with the code itself can be raised on the github issue tracker.

Best regards,

Irfan