GSoC 2021 Introduction

Lucie Rocha

Mar 10, 2021, 4:08:27 PM3/10/21
to MDnalysis-devel

Hello,

My name is Lucie Rocha and I am currently doing my PhD at ITQB-NOVA (Portugal) in the molecular simulation field. Working in this area has allowed me to learn and potentially develop new methodologies and tools in the simulation field, which is something that drives my interest.

Until this moment, I have already performed some analyses using the MDAnalysis and I am experienced in Bash and awk and with an intermediate knowledge of Python.

I am extremely interested in working in one of your projects to improve myself as an early researcher and to leave a contribution to the community. After seeing your available projects and analysing in detail each one of them, I can say that I am particularly interested in:

1. Molecular volume and surface analysis

2. General Unit Cell representation.

Best regards,

Lucie Rocha

Lily Wang

Mar 10, 2021, 8:27:43 PM3/10/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lucie,

Welcome to the MDAnalysis community and GSoC!

To get you started, we recommend that you get familiar with the MDAnalysis GSoC process (see the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/ and the FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ)  and then work on an issue, as it is part of our GSoC application.

We’re also happy to talk discuss chosen project ideas if you have specific questions. If possible, could you also provide us with your GitHub handle? This way we can consolidate any issues/PRs you contribute to with this introduction and any other interactions we have with you on the developers list.

Cheers,
Lily

Lucie Rocha

Mar 11, 2021, 3:45:31 PM3/11/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com

ialibay

Apr 5, 2021, 7:33:01 PM4/5/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hi Lucie,

This is just a reminder that the deadline for applications is April 13th. We have not recorded any merged pull requests from you (which is a requirement for the MDAnalysis application process). If you are still interested, please do open a pull request as soon as possible.

Feel free to share your draft application too and we'll try to give feedback before the deadline.

Best regards,

Irfan