Sub: Requesting guidance on “Transport property calculations” project

aakash balu

Mar 7, 2023, 12:31:55 PM3/7/23
to MDnalysis-devel

Dear mentors,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Aakash B, a 3rd year Undergraduate student pursuing Biological Sciences at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras(IIT Madras). I’m interested in the project titled “Transport property calculations” under MD Analysis. I would like you to provide some guidance on getting started with the project proposal.

Following is a short description of my related works:

I have experience using Python and its libraries: numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, tensorflow, scikit learn, PyTorch.

As a part of my internship at Geneterprter during the summer of 2022 as research associate, I curated, cleaned and mapped cancer patient’s information data with microarray/rnaseq data and ran them through different gene set variation algorithms.

As a part of my curriculum I completed these following courses successfully and explored these domains.

  • Biochemistry : Chemistry of biomolecules, Enzyme kinetics, Bioenergetics

  • Fundamentals of biophysical chemistry: Molecular rotations and vibrations, optical spectroscopy, statistical thermodynamics, Structural and quantitative techniques.

  • Biochemical Thermodynamics: Equations of state and departure functions, Thermodynamics of multi component mixture, phase equilibria.

  • Introduction to biological physics: Entropic forces in cell, Biological application of diffusion, Fick’s law, chemical kinetics and enzymes, differential equation models.

  • Structural Biology: Basic principles of biomolecular structure, ramachandran plot, methods for determination and analysis of biomolecular structure.

  • Bioinformatics: linux commands, alignments, determination of protein structure, statistical methods, genome database and analysis.

  • Data science theory and practice: Python programing, optimization, Machine Learning.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Aakash B,

Biological Sciences,

IIT Madras.

Oliver Beckstein

Mar 7, 2023, 4:35:18 PM3/7/23
to mdnalysis-devel
Hi Aakash,

Welcome to MDAnalysis.

Given that you’re interested in GSoC, could you please introduce yourself on our dedicated gsoc list at https://groups.google.com/a/mdanalysis.org/g/gsoc/ as requested in the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2023/02/22/gsoc2023/#introduce-yourself-to-us ?

See you on the gs...@mdanalysis.org list soon.

Best,
Oliver

Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

GitHub: @orbeckst

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project