GitHub profile README

Oliver Beckstein

Jul 27, 2022, 10:15:16 PM7/27/22
to mdnalysis-devel
Hi devs,

I discovered that GitHub enabled org-level README profiles so I added https://github.com/MDAnalysis/.github/blob/main/profile/README.md . I tried to make it welcoming, community focused, and reasonably short. Also, I defined our mission a bit more broadly as "working with data in the molecular sciences. Open for discussion...

Maybe someone with access to emojis and images can make it look nicer.

Oliver

--
Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

GitHub: @orbeckst

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project

Oliver Beckstein

Jul 27, 2022, 10:19:49 PM7/27/22
to mdnalysis-devel
On the note of presenting our org on GitHub:

I would suggest to decide which repos we want to pin. We can only put up six.

mdanalysis definitely needs to stay. But others might not be so important. In particular, I would de-list pmda for right now because we haven’t updated it in a while. On the other hand, panedr could go up.

Any suggestions/opinions?

Oliver