GSoC 2021 Introduction

Francesco Petrizzelli

Apr 7, 2021, 10:32:48 AM4/7/21
to MDnalysis-devel

Hello MDAnalysis Developers,

my name is Francesco Petrizzelli and I am a PhD candidate in Human Biology and Medical Genetics at Sapienza University in Rome.

I am currently working on my thesis with the supervision of the Bioinformatic Unit of CSS-Mendel Institute in Rome, where I gained experience in the use of molecular dynamics for the assessment of the functionality of genomic variants and their effects on protein stability and interaction.

Moreover, I am involved in a  large computational study which aims to investigate the SARS-CoV2 Spike glycoprotein recognition pathway using advanced molecular dynamics techniques and taking advantage of HPC computational resources.

Thanks to this project, I had the opportunity to discover MDAnalysis which greatly helped me through the overall analytical process.

For this reason, I'm extremely interested in participating in your GSoC projects and contribute the development of MDAnalysis, with a particular focus on the Extend MDAnalysis Interoperability project [Project 4].

I just found out about this opportunity, so I hope there is still time to work on an issue and complete the application. I'll try to open a pull request as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Francesco Petrizzelli

Lily Wang

Apr 7, 2021, 10:41:39 AM4/7/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Francesco,

Welcome to MDAnalysis and GSoC! As there is less than a week left until the GSoC deadline, please feel free to share your proposal with us while you’re working on the issue. That way mentors can provide feedback and ask questions before submission. We’re happy to talk about which interoperability direction you’re interested in when you have specific questions.

If you are unfamiliar with MDAnalysis and Google Summer of Code, we suggest you read the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/ and the FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ. If possible, could you also provide us with your GitHub handle? This way we can consolidate any issues/PRs you contribute to with this introduction and any other interactions we have with you on the developers list.

Cheers,
Lily

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non si è il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.
The information contained in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for the use of the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have received the message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it permanently from your computer system.