Typo error in base.py file

jay patil

Mar 9, 2023, 7:32:21 AM3/9/23
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello Everyone,

There is a typo error at line 45 and 46 of base.py file at location mdanalysis/package/MDAnalysis/analysis/. The word "allows" got repeated two times. I am new to the MDAnalysis and looking forward to become contributor, but right now do not have much experience on github so don't know how to correct the error. Someone kindly fix it.

With regards
Jay

Oliver Beckstein

Mar 10, 2023, 3:55:41 PM3/10/23
to mdnalysis-devel
Hi Jay,

Thank you for letting us know.

If you want to learn how to contribute then I suggest you do the following:

1) raise an issue in our issue tracker https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/issues/ and state the problem — errors in the documentation can definitely be raised in the tracker! (Even if you’re not fixing the problem yourself, having it in the issue tracker will ensure that somebody will eventually address it. The issue tracker is very important for the project as it is the only place where we really keep track of things that need fixing.)

2) Have a look at our contribution guidelines https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing.html

3) Open all Pull Request in which *you* fix the documentation issue. This is a good way to learn how to contribute to MDAnalysis using pull requests and code reviews. The User Guide has guidance but if you’re unsure about how to go about it, ask on the issue report that you will have created.

We’re looking forward to your contribution — be it the issue report or even the fix — all of these are valuable contributions to the MDAnalysis Project!

Best wishes,
Oliver
--
Oliver Beckstein (he/his/him)

GitHub: @orbeckst

MDAnalysis – a NumFOCUS fiscally sponsored project