Proposal for Type hinting

krishna vaishnav

Apr 19, 2022, 2:07:53 PM4/19/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Hi,
I am Krishna Sharma, I want to contribute to your Type hinting project. I have attached my proposal please find the attachment and let me know. if I am eligible for it.

Thanks
Best regards
Krishna Sharma

Type hinting proposal.pdf

ialibay

Apr 19, 2022, 2:14:12 PM4/19/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Dear Krishna Sharma,

Have you already merged a commit in MDAnalysis? I can't seem to find any record of this. My understanding from your previous emails is that your github handle is "1krishnasharma" is that correct?

Best regards,

Irfan

krishna vaishnav

Apr 19, 2022, 2:35:41 PM4/19/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Hi Irfan,
I have not done commit to MDAnalysis. As I am new to open source So, I need some time to learn how to send pull requests, how to read others repositories, and how to commit to other organizations. So, can I get some more time to learn these things?

Best regards
Krishna Sharma

ialibay

Apr 19, 2022, 3:30:51 PM4/19/22
to MDnalysis-devel
Dear Krishna Sharma,

Unfortunately the deadline for both submitting proposals and completing the minimum pre-submission requirements for GSoC 2022 has passed (it closed at 18:00 UTC on the 19th of April).
At this moment in time I can only encourage you to look towards applying for GSoC next year. We welcome any open source contributions at any time should you wish to contribute to MDAnalysis outside of GSoC.

Best regards,

Irfan