Jose Leyva

Mar 31, 2021, 5:23:47 PM3/31/21
to MDnalysis-devel
Hello! Greetings from México

I am Jose Leyva, student of Computer Science at Sonora's University in Mexico. I want to be part of the MDAnalysis Project for the GSoC. I have some experience with Python and C++.
I've been reading some of the documentation of the library and one of the projects that I want to contribuite is in "Molecular volume and surface analysis".
It says that in order to make an application you need to first close or commit on an issue, but I am new using Github platform so I hope that someone can give advise on that :)

Thanks in Advance

Hugo Macdermott-Opeskin

Mar 31, 2021, 6:15:13 PM3/31/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jose

Welcome to MDAnalysis and GSoC.

To get you started, we recommend that you get familiar with MDAnalysis (see the blog post https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/ and the FAQ https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ) and then work on an issue. We’re also happy to talk about projects when you have specific questions.

With respect to github, just make an account and get started! This is a good guide to get you going https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/
If possible, could you also provide us with your GitHub handle? This way we can consolidate any issues/PRs you contribute to with this introduction and any other interactions we have with you on the developers list.

Hugo MacDermott-Opeskin
PhD Candidate, RSC ANU

Jose Leyva

Mar 31, 2021, 8:05:38 PM3/31/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com
Mi GitHub account is JosephLeyva

Jose Leyva

Mar 31, 2021, 8:22:53 PM3/31/21
to MDnalysis-devel

Lily Wang

Apr 5, 2021, 8:23:15 PM4/5/21
to mdnalys...@googlegroups.com, josea...@gmail.com
Dear Jose,

This is just a reminder that the deadline for applications is April 13th. We do not seem to have any merged pull requests from you (which is a requirement for the MDAnalysis application process). If you are still interested, please do open a pull request as soon as possible. We have pointers to resources at the user guide (https://userguide.mdanalysis.org/stable/contributing_code.html#), blog post (https://www.mdanalysis.org/2021/03/09/gsoc2021/) and FAQ (https://github.com/MDAnalysis/mdanalysis/wiki/GSoC-FAQ).

Feel free to share your draft application too and we'll try to give feedback before the deadline.

Cheers,

Lily