Green Ridge SF 4/20

Jeff Cagle

Apr 21, 2024, 7:38:35 AMApr 21
to MDLepsOdes
I went back to GRSF  Saturday to look for Olympia Marble and Harvester.  The weather was nice - calm, sunny, 50s to 60s.

Carroll Overlook

Eastern TST
Zebra ST 3
Azure 1 - looked Summery with smallish spotting and lighter blue above, but no photo.
Falcate OT 5 (pic below of a failed courting attempt)
Olympia Marble 1
Duskywings ~20, mostly Juvenal's and some Sleepy.

Cliff Road

I got out of the car and within 10 ft had disturbed something small, orange and flitty that flew into the trees.  That was the closest I came to seeing Harvester.  Hmph.  Still, the walk had its charms...

ETST 1
Zebra ST 10
Pipevine ST 4
Orange Sulphur 3
Falcate OT 3 -- males will sit down on flowers of Garlic Mustard longer than other flowers.
E Pine Elfin 1
UID Blue 1
Azure sp 1
E Tailed-Blue 3
American Lady 17
Red Admiral 1
Eastern Comma 1
Duskywings ~75 - a week makes a difference.  Last Saturday the mix was mostly Sleepy with some Juvenal's.  This week it was mostly Juvies with some Sleepys, many looking worn.

There's a good patch of Columbine along Cliff Road.  One Duskywing flew near it but wasn't lingering.

IMG_0290.jpg