Running Lights: Wicomico County 4/15/24

Jim Brighton

Apr 16, 2024, 7:21:32 PMApr 16
to Mdlepsodes
Hi everyone,

Jonathan Irons and I ran lights yesterday evening along Old Bradley Road in Wicomico County. We started at dusk and wrapped up around 10pm. We haven't processed all of our photos, but we can say that we saw over 40 species of moths.

Highlights include, but are not limited to, Chinquapin Leafminer Moth (Dyseriocrania griseocapitella), Green-dusted Zale (Zale aeruginosa), Broken-lined Zomaria (Zomaria interruptolineata), and Blueberry Leafminer (Caloptilia porphyretica).

Thanks to Hugh Mcguinness for the Caloptilia identification.

Jim Brighton
Cambridge, MD
P4150406.jpgP4150421.jpgP4150408.jpgP4150361.jpg