Dragonfly counts in northern Virginia

Bert Harris

May 24, 2024, 2:36:12 PMMay 24
to mdlep...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Please consider joining us for the inaugural Rappahannock County Dragonfly Count on June 8th or the 4th annual Clifton Institute Dragonfly Count in Fauquier County on June 23rd. These counts are a lot of fun. They are an opportunity for beginners to learn about odonates, for more experienced folks to get to see rare species (like Laura’s, Sable, and Rapids Clubtails, Tiger Spiketail, Aurora Damsel, and Sphagnum Sprite) and for us all to hang out with other people who are interested in insects. We have permission to visit a bunch of private properties that host a wide variety of wetlands. Who knows what we'll find! We are always in need of group leaders for these counts so if you have at least intermediate identification skills we would really value your participation. Thank you!

https://cliftoninstitute.org/event/rappahannock-dragonfly-count/
https://cliftoninstitute.org/event/clifton-dragonfly-count-2024/

Bert Harris
Orlean, VA