Green Ridge SF, Allegany County, MD - 4/20/24

Jim Brighton

Apr 21, 2024, 8:13:58 AMApr 21
to Mdlepsodes
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I led a Maryland Biodiversity Project Field Trip to Green Ridge SF and Rocky Gap SP. Butterflies were everywhere. We didn't go to the reliable marble spots, but Cobweb Skippers were photographed in the Piclic area, along with many Silvery Blues. Male and female Falcate Orangetips were observed in various spots. Tiger, Pipevine, a single Spicebush, and Zebra Swallowatils (along Sideling Creek) were observed. Pearl Crescents were flying in the barrens along Cliff Road, and American Ladys were common at most stops.
I didn't take the time to identify the plethora of Erynnis skippers.

We also had three Uhler's Sundragons (2 in Green Ridge, and 1 at Rocky Gap) , along with one teneral baskettail.

Jim Brighton
Cambridge, MD