YUI 5582

noisynoel

Jul 2, 2024, 12:52:34 PM (5 days ago) Jul 2
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Seen at Sittingbourne Station today on rail replacement was Enviro400 YUI 5582, formally of B&M Coaches of Hayes. Anyone know who it's with now, I suspect Travel Masters as it was covering one of their duties on Rail Replacement but unsure as it was not possible to see the legal lettering in the nearside passenger window

Noel

Neil Bays

Jul 4, 2024, 1:17:29 PM (3 days ago) Jul 4
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
More than likely Travelmasters as there is a picture of the back end of it in a Kent online article about traffic issues on and off the island

Neil B

JFO

Jul 5, 2024, 3:12:14 AM (2 days ago) Jul 5
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
When I was in Swale on Saturday June 29th, YUI5582 was not on this RR and I saw no sign of it in Travelmasters Yard, so it must be a very recent arrival, but until we know for certain lets not discount the possiblity that it could be with Chalkwells as they run Enviro's too.
The operators in use on the 29th were Travelmasters who did bring out Enviro AY58CYJ, and GO Ahead who actually dominated on this one, suplying vehicles from pretty much every depot, and I captured a few shots in Sittingbourne and on the "Island".
P1390882.JPG
P1390881.JPG
P1390887.JPG
P1390886.JPG

Chris

Jul 5, 2024, 10:22:10 AM (2 days ago) Jul 5
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
There are reports on Facebook groups - from people whose information is usually correct - that it's a short-term loan from Ensign to Travelmasters.

I don't know if Ensign staff are still sending out their monthly lists of ins and outs - I haven't seen one for about a year - but I have seen media reports of "Network Rail funding an extra bus" (where? For whom? For what? Investigative journalism it weren't!), so this could well be it.

Chris