10480 and 10482 on 701 at Exceat

DerekJ

Jun 30, 2024, 2:56:39 PM (7 days ago) Jun 30
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Following Martin's recent visits to Brighton and Eastbourne to capture 10480 and 10481 respectively, here is a further view of each of 10480 and sister 10482 at Exceat, approaching and upon the bridge next to the Cuckfield Inn, on 22 June 2024.

With a frequent competing service parallel towards Eastbourne and more direct towards Brighton, usage of 701 is fair to describe as encouraging (so far it's less crowded than B&H 12A/12X at weekends at this time of year, which can be a good thing for longer-distance travellers wanting a seat but not in any great hurry - bearing in mind that around mid-afternoon on Saturday 22 June, some 13X buses via Beachy Head were full up towards Brighton by the time they reached Exceat), and from conversations I had there is already a growing number of people making use of the new facility on the 701 via Falmer and other points not directly served by B&H, so let's hope it also does well.

Derek J

IMG_0026B.jpg
IMG_0014B.jpg

Neil Bays

Jul 1, 2024, 5:15:27 PM (6 days ago) Jul 1
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
On the 10th June I travelled on the 08.30 Brighton to Eastbourne, departing the Old Steine there was 2 of us on board.  After Moulscombe I was the only passenger until Seaford, where we were the first 'bus pass' departure towards Eastbourne. After Seaford there was a decent loading with not many short journeys being made.

Neil B