Rumwood Green Farm, Langley W20 RGF

Derek Jones

Jun 9, 2024, 12:29:18 PMJun 9
to Invicta Newsgroup
This month this particular vehicle reaches the fifth anniversary of its acquisition, and despite this it still carries full Ipswich Buses livery as well as the reference on the LED destination.  I found it on 7 June 2024, parked up during lunchtime at Laight Road, Langley Park, Maidstone, tucked behind the local Aldi store which is now accompanied by various other small shops and cafes/restaurants.

Scania Omnicity W20 RGF (most of the fleet carry specially arranged registrations in the series W-RGF, standing for Rumwood Green Farm) was Ipswich fleet number 72 (even traces of that can be made out just below the windscreen) and originally registered YN56 NVD, having been new in January 2007.

Derek J

20240607_132457A.jpg

JFO

Jun 17, 2024, 5:02:19 PM (10 days ago) Jun 17
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Weird to see someone else finding these things, it often feels like I'm the only one..., and Rumwoods also have another one of these W40RGF, which was still painted green when I drove past it in Warmlake on the 15th and maybe ex Newport Buses in South Wales, and though W40RGF didn't catch up to me when I plotted up and waited for it in a nearby layby, their 2019 aquired Wright W30RGF new as SF08RNZ and still fully painted as a "Park & Ride" Bus for Bridlington in East Yorkshire, did make an appearance, and I captured it turning on to the A274 and then again in a nearby industrial estate.
A thank you should also go to W30RGF's freindly driver for the waves, and I also spoke to him breifly at his farm turning after he'd swapped it for a van, and after I explained the pictures are for Transport Journalism, he seemd impressed and told me "Its OK for you to photograph our big Buses as long as we are in public, but please do not photograph our vans".
P1390805.JPG
P1390804.JPG