qMDD GUI Initialization Issue

Arun Gupta

May 4, 2019, 4:44:59 PM5/4/19
to mdd...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

I have recently installed the MDDNMR with Python Pyside on my Mac 10.14.4.
I have already installed  NMR pipe & Python2.7 version coming from the dow
ngraded Anaconda3 version during the Pyside installation using  " conda ins
tall -c conda-forge pyside " command on command line. However I am getting
the following qMDD GUI initialization error message.

File "/Users/arungupta/Documents/NMR_program/mddnmr/GUI/qMDDGUI.py", line 25, in <module>

    from PySide import QtCore, QtGui

ImportError: dlopen(/anaconda3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PySide/QtCore.so, 2): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../../../libpyside-python2.7.1.1.dylib

  Referenced from: /anaconda3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PySide/QtCore.so

  Reason: image not found

Please suggest solution for qMDD GUI initialization  issue.

Thanks & Regards

Arun Gupta

--

Arun Gupta PhD, MRSC

Research Fellow

Challis & Lewandowski Group

Chemistry Department

University of Warwick
Gibbet Hill Road
Coventry CV4 7AL
United Kingdom

Ewen Lescop

May 24, 2019, 2:54:07 AM5/24/19
to mddnmr
Dear Arun,
I also had some trouble to launch qMDD recently on OSX with Anaconda2. The error message was "Qt internal error: qt_menu.nib could not be loaded. The .nib file should be placed in QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/ or in the resources directory of your application bundle." which appears to be related to a known PySide problem. I found a workaround by using pythonw instead of python. To do this, I simply replaced python by pythonw in the file 'mddnmr2.6//com/qMDD'. It works well now. It might also work for you.
Best!
Ewen