Co-processing 3D 15N NOESY-TROSY with 2D TROSY-HSQC as the reference

Yizhi Sun

Jan 17, 2017, 9:21:54 AM1/17/17
to mddnmr
Hi All,

Question about how to use co-mdd in MDDNMR.
I opened my 3D 15N-edited NOESY-TROSY first and chose 'multi spectra', and then added my 2D TROSY-HSQC. But the 'co-mdd' button remained grey (not click-able, see attached screen shot). I'm wondering what is the exactly protocol for co-processing? Or is it somewhere in the manual?

Many thanks for any help!!
Yizhi
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.12.32 AM.png

Maxim Mayzel

Jan 17, 2017, 10:35:43 AM1/17/17
to mddnmr
Hi,

select MDD processing mode

Best,
Maxim

Yizhi Sun

Jan 17, 2017, 5:08:57 PM1/17/17
to mddnmr
Thanks Maxim!
Now I have the co-mdd button. But the mddnmr failed due to 'Error during assembling'(see attached).
My spectrum width is slight different between the two spectra. Could it be the problem?

Thanks!
Yizhi
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.06.05 PM.png

Vladislav Orekhov

Jan 18, 2017, 4:04:02 AM1/18/17
to mdd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yizhi,
yes, difference in the spectrum width is really a problem. When co-processing the spectra, the matched dimensions must have the same Nyquist grid, i.e. the spectral width, frequency of the carrier, and  half-dwell time mode (if used) must be the same.
On the other hand, the acquisition time (and TD) may be different. Namely, the reference 2D spectrum may have higher TD.
It is also strongly recommended that the main and reference spectra are recorded  as one set of experiments, i.e. for the same sample, at the same spectrometer, temperature, etc.
Regards,
Vladislav

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Yizhi Sun

Jan 20, 2017, 1:22:48 PM1/20/17
to mddnmr
Thanks!
I acquired another 2D with same settings as for the 3D NOESY. But I see the same error message- 'Error during assembling' after 'HD data assembling'.
I'm also not sure how to properly set the map. If I do '1 2 - 3' for my NOESYTROSY and '1 2' for TROSY, I got complain about the spectral widths are not matched. I tried '1 - 2 3' and '1 2' (I assume I need to put a slash before the dimension that is not in the reference spectrum? Sorry I didn't find instruction on how to set this) and got no complaint about the sw but still had the same 'error during assembling' as before.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again
Yizhi

Vladislav Orekhov

Jan 22, 2017, 9:04:46 AM1/22/17
to mdd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yizhi,
you should set
'1 2 3' for NOESYTROSY and
'1 - 2' for TROSY
By this you match common dimensions of the two spectra, i.e. (direct) 1H (the 1st for both spectra) and 15N (2nd in TROSY and 3rd in NOESYTROSY. The indirect 1H dimension is missing in TROSY experiment, thus '-' in the 2nd position.
Numbers 1,2,3 correspond to the dimension counts in the individual experiments, position of the number in the string indicates dimensions count in the combined data set.

Regards,
Vladislav