RFI: Atlantic Naturalist journal series

Phil Davis

Nov 5, 2021, 1:52:34 PM11/5/21
to MDbirding
Hi MD/DC Birders:

I don't recall if I have asked this before ... I don't think so ...

Question: Does anyone have access to the Audubon Naturalist Society's Atlantic Naturalist journal and it's predecessor, The Wood Thrush. From the 1940s until into the 1970s, this journal series published articles and seasonal ornithological reports.

This series is not currently on-line (despite some previous discussions with the ANS about digitizing the issues). The only series hardcopy I am aware of is in the Smithsonian's Bird Division library; however, with COVID restrictions, that library is not currently accessible. [The PWRC in Laurel used to have the series, but it was jettisoned when that library was downsized!]

This query is in regard to a research project dealing with historical Bewick's Wren records for MD and DC.

If anyone does have a personal copy, please contact me if you would be willing to look up and copy/scan some references for us.

Thanks, in advance.

Phil

Phil Davis, Secretary
MD/DC Records Committee