Follow-up - it wasn't a Bobwhite - Aquasco

Denise Ryan

Jun 23, 2024, 3:55:41 PMJun 23
to Maryland & DC Birding
Well folks, I figured out my avian mystery from my nocturnal atlasing last weekend at Aquasco Farm Park, when I made another attempt this morning.

I heard the same call after the sun rose and walked across the field directly at the source. And it was a yellow-breasted chat just issuing one strange note. And that led me to an area with a fledgling bird in half fledgling feathers, and half adult feathers.

Good news is the pre-dawn visit yielded a barred owl fledgling too. Yay for fledgling season.
Thanks to all you helpful, thoughtful, and kind collaborators for your ideas.

Best,

Denise Ryan