Tropical Kingbird at Blackwater

Lucy Uncu

Nov 22, 2021, 6:55:09 PM11/22/21
to md birding
Does anyone know if it is still around?
Lucy Uncu
Falls Church VA

James Tyler Bell

Nov 22, 2021, 6:56:16 PM11/22/21
to unc...@gmail.com, md birding
Reported on eBird today by the visitor center.

Marcia Watson

Nov 22, 2021, 7:03:35 PM11/22/21
to Lucy Uncu, md birding
I saw the Tropical Kingbird yesterday (Sunday) at around 11:30 am. It was in the top of a small oak tree at the east edge of the parking lot at the Blackwater NWR Visitor Center, literally the first bird I saw when I got there. Lousy cell phone photo attached, along with another photo that shows the elaborate iron gate to the right of the tree, as a landmark. But the bird left that tree while I was there and I don’t know where it went next. I believe that there are several reports from yesterday on eBird which may contain additional hints on locating the bird.

Marcia
------------
Marcia Watson
Bowie, MD

Lucy Uncu

Nov 22, 2021, 7:03:41 PM11/22/21
to James Tyler Bell, md birding
Thanks!

Chas Argent

Nov 22, 2021, 7:12:50 PM11/22/21
to Lucy Uncu, James Tyler Bell, md birding
When I left the Visitor's Center parking lot yesterday afternoon, the
Kingbird was sitting on one of the small posts that line the brick
traffic circle, seeing me off and welcoming new arrivals. Meanwhile,
five or so birders were *behind* the Visitor's Center, scratching
their heads and wondering where he'd gone.

~Chas

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 7:03 PM Lucy Uncu <unc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
TRKI.jpg

Chas Argent

Dec 4, 2021, 9:31:26 PM12/4/21
to JOHN WILLETTS, Lucy Uncu, James Tyler Bell, md birding
It was seen today.

~Chas

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 7:51 PM JOHN WILLETTS <jaywp...@comcast.net> wrote:
Is the Kingbird still being seen?

Sandra Farkas

Dec 5, 2021, 12:14:27 PM12/5/21
to Chas Argent, JOHN WILLETTS, Lucy Uncu, James Tyler Bell, md birding
Hello all,

December 3rd it was on the power wires just before you turn into the Visitors Center.

Sandra Farkas
Springfield, VA

Sent from my iPhone