Warblers Galore, Patuxent-North Tract, 5/12/21

Tim Houghton

May 12, 2021, 8:52:02 PM5/12/21
to mdbirding
I knew it was going to be a good day when I found a Cerulean Warbler on the entrance road. 24 warbler species! 94 species total. I was there 7 hours, about 9.5 miles. Birded with Wendy Crow some of the time.

Lots of good birds: Spotted Sandpiper (2), Barred Owl, Least Flycatcher, Yellow-Throated Vireo (2), Blue-Headed Vireo, Chat (3), Meadowlark, Worm-Eating Warbler (2), Blue-Winged, Prothonotary (3), Tennessee, Kentucky, Hooded (3), Magnolia (3), Blackburnian (3), Canada, Wilson's, Summer Tanager (6), Blue Grosbeak (5).

I had been thinking that this would be a good spot for spring migration--yes, indeed. The numbers reminded me of what I get at Susquehanna. A real good time today. Don't know that I enjoyed any place this spring more than this.

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)

Tim Houghton

May 12, 2021, 8:56:29 PM5/12/21
to mdbirding
Woops. I forgot Pine Warbler (4). So 25 warblers species, 95 total. Awesome day at the awesome North Tract.
Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)

Tim Houghton

May 12, 2021, 9:01:59 PM5/12/21