Putting the database in a separate partition

Alan Pound

Jan 28, 2013, 5:22:02 AM1/28/13
to mdb-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm starting to use M/DB as a "small private cloud" SDB replacement - so far, so good.
For background, I'm on Ubuntu 12.06 64 bit.  I've installed the "old" M/DB that uses apache2, and then installed the node version (which is what I'm intending to use - it is very much faster than the apache access).  Again, so far so good...
What I'd like to do is to force the database to install to another disk partition - /dev/sdb1, and I've been unable to figure out how to make that happen.  It looks to me as if the main database elements are sited in /usr/local/gtm and short of linking that to a folder on sdb, I'm kinda stumped...

TIA
Alan