Spacing in SELECT queries

Thomas

Sep 5, 2011, 12:41:58 AM9/5/11
to M/DB Community Forum
Hi,

while examining an issue with M/DB in combination with the LightSpeed
ORM from Mindscape, Ivan (from MindScape) found this:

"However, there does seem to be some another problem. M/DB seems very
sensitive to whitespace in Select queries. It looks like M/DB
requires exactly one space between terms, and treats newlines as
nonexistent rather than as spaces. For example "SELECT * FROM Game"
works fine but "SELECT *\r\nFROM Game" produces a query syntax error
and "SELECT * FROM Game" (with two spaces between * and FROM)
produces 'domain does not exist.' Our query formatting isn't quite
regular enough to satisfy this (we don't collapse multiple spaces, and
we treat newlines as whitespace). I suggest this would be best
addressed in M/DB, but if Rob doesn't have the time, or if he feels
the Amazon 'spec' (hah!) requires this careful formatting, then we can
try to work around it at our end."

What would be the preferred way to resolve this?

(If it can help you: There's a C# console app that reproduces the
problem. You can get it here: http://www.mindscapehq.com/forums/storage/18/16606/Program.cs)

Thomas