BatchPutAttributes now added to node-mdb

rtweed

Jun 9, 2011, 7:39:14 AM6/9/11
to M/DB Community Forum
I've added the BatchPutAttributes API to node-mdb. It seems to test
out OK for me but I'd welcome further feedback.

To install the new version, get the latest contents of the repo in
https://github.com/robtweed/node-mdb

The two files that have been updated are:

/gtm/zmwire.m (Actually this isn't essential as this new version just
adds optional background logging for assessing GT.M performance with
node-mdb)

/lib/mdb.js

If you're using the node-mdb virtual appliance, copy these to the
following locations:

/mdb/r/zmwire.m
/mdb/mdb.js

That's it - restart node mdb.js and it should now support the
BatchPutAttributes API

BatchDeleteAttributes will follow soon!

Rob

rtweed

Jun 9, 2011, 11:50:16 AM6/9/11
to M/DB Community Forum
I've made some improvements to significantly enhance the performance
of BatchPutAttributes, but it means you should also upgrade the MDB.m
file, ie in addition to the instructions above:

find the file /gtm/MDB.m in the repo

copy it to the node-mdb virtual appliance as /mdb/r/MDB.m

Good idea to delete:

/mdb/o/MDB.o
/mdb/o/zmwire.o

Then restart node-mdb:

cd /mdb
node mdb.js

Basically the enhancement avoids the overheads of excessive numbers of
M/Wire calls and instead executes a function in MDB.m for each item in
the BatchPutAttributes request. Oh to have an in-process API to use
with GT.M instead of the TCP-based M/Wire!

When I add the BatchDeleteAttributes I'll probably upload a new
version of the virtual appliance that includes all the rencent changes
and enhancements.

Rob