Creating connection with M/DB via JAVA

Muhammad Imran

Jul 15, 2013, 9:16:08 AM7/15/13
to mdb-commu...@googlegroups.com
dear all,

sorry if its a really beginner question or already asked.

I installed M/DB following http://gradvs1.mgateway.com/main/index.html?path=mdb on an ubuntu machine but instead of amzon i followed Eucalyptus Cloud.

everything works fine, test are successful and just perfect.

Now i would like to connect to this M/DB and create some database and manipulate the data inside the database by using JAVA

is there a client library or set of APIs available which i can follow to get achieve my goal.

thanks in advance

rtweed

Jul 15, 2013, 9:20:49 AM7/15/13
to mdb-commu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not a Java developer, but any SimpleDB client will work against M/DB, provided you can modify/customise the endpoint URL.  I know there are Java clients available for SimpleDB: do a Google search or look/ask in the Amazon SimpleDB forums

Rob

Muhammad Imran

Jul 16, 2013, 6:49:14 AM7/16/13
to mdb-commu...@googlegroups.com
thanks rtweed,

but does anybody knows a concrete documentation or help guide??? which i can use?

and rtween, that means when i use amazon SDK for java for Simple DB, i can use the same SDK with M/DB with same APIs?

thanks in advance