MD380Tools & RAS.

Mark Potter

May 9, 2020, 8:47:04 AM5/9/20
to md380tools
So, having been bored during the lockdown I thought I’d have a dabble with my 380 and a local repeater identified on DSD+ as Cap+ & RAS.

Obviously as one would expect, the green light indicates the RX is being received however the audio doesn’t unmute and the RX doesn’t display onscreen.

However, by actually programming the radio with the correct parameters, cc, slot, rx list etc, I am now receiving the audio and group call identification on the display.

That said, it’s intermittent. There is an out-of-sync delay when receiving an rx but the 380 obviously does and can pass RAS systems.

Is anyone else able to receive RAS on their 380, would be interesting to know how, if at all it works for others or if in fact it’s just the repeaters setup.

Interesting. 👍

Matt Beasant

Dec 11, 2020, 5:34:39 PM12/11/20
to md380tools
RAS is Restricted Access to System, it is only restricting access into the repeater - you can still receive the repeater but you will never be able to open the repeater up unless you have the RAS code and a Motorola radio that supports RAS.

Mark Potter

Dec 12, 2020, 4:46:15 AM12/12/20
to md380...@googlegroups.com
RAS is weird, as I too can RX a RAS system as per below, with both my 380 and D868.
The parameters have to be correct, as in I can’t get it to work promiscuous, but it does work. A scanner still is the best option though, especially if a trunk as with multiple TG’s and slots, the 380 won’t follow the RX anyway.

Scott.