Updating Contacts List

Richard Levow

Nov 18, 2021, 1:08:32 PM11/18/21
to md380tools
I've downloaded the latest contacts list, but can't figure out how to update it.  The version of MD Tools which I'm running is from 05-26-2017.  The code plug which I'm using was given to me by a friend.  The Tytera CPS software doesn't show a drop-down form updating the database under the Program tab, just read or write to the radio.  Can someone please point me in the right direction with this?

Thanks
73
Rich
WA2NLL

Dale Farnsworth

Nov 18, 2021, 2:16:34 PM11/18/21
to md380tools
The easiest way (IMO) to update the contacts is to use editcp.  With a couple clicks of the mouse it will download an updated contact list from the internet and install it in your md380.  https://www.farnsworth.org/dale/codeplug/editcp/

The other easy way (once you've done the setup) is to use the KD4Z md380tools-vm.  https://github.com/KD4Z/md380tools-vm/raw/master/MD380tools_VM_installation_3.08.pdf

Richard Levow

Nov 18, 2021, 3:07:55 PM11/18/21
to md380tools
Thanks

Richard Levow

Nov 20, 2021, 10:58:46 AM11/20/21
to md380tools
I've installed the Editcp software.  When it attempts to reach out to the Farnsworth website to update the userdb, Malwarebytes blocks it as a potentially dangerous site.  Anyone familiar with why this is popping up? Thanks

Dale Farnsworth

Nov 20, 2021, 11:15:13 AM11/20/21
to md380tools
Thanks for the report.  This is the first time I've heard of this.  My site is on a shared-hosting service by Linode.  I don't know what can be done about it.
I should modify editcp to permit you to specify a local file.  But, if I do, it won't be for quite a while yet.
Dale

Richard Levow

Nov 20, 2021, 11:39:44 AM11/20/21
to md380tools