RAS

Miha Selič

Feb 4, 2022, 4:38:19 AM2/4/22
to md380...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

i have decided to write you personally about possibility to implement to ignore RAS header to MD380 tools.
As we know, RAS is part of Motorola MotoTRBO CAP+ system, and prevents rx or tx to unauthorizet stations.
I have found out, that one or more of OPENGD77 experimental firmware ignores RAS header, so the voice, and even talkgroups go through the radio. This works of course only on rx. It has some problems sometimes, but in general it's more or less usefull, even though it's not far the same as Motorola.

Is there any option with the md380tools too implement it too?

Just to be clear. Ras is not encryption type, but just some kind of subtone. All the scanners ignore it, just like promoscious mode etc. Some local repeaters on HAM bands even use RAS, so we have motorola stations explicit for tx and rx.

Best regards