Maryland police officer killed by friendly fire...time to disarm trigger happy cops.

They Was All Black

Mar 17, 2016, 4:20:02 AM3/17/16
Obama has the cops killing their own.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspects-fatal-shooting-
maryland-brothers-article-1.2563589

A Washington, D.C.-area police officer died from a round fired
by another cop in a shooting brought on by a Maryland man's
attempt at a filmed suicide by cop, police said Monday.

Michael DeAndre Ford, 22, and his brothers Malik Ford, 21, and
Elijah Ford, 18, plotted to film their eldest brother firing on
civilians and police outside a Landover, Md., police station
Sunday afternoon until he could be gunned down, according to the
Prince George's County Police Department.

His brothers captured his last will and testament on their cell
phone video moments before the shooting and callously let it
unfold in front of them with their cameras rolling, police said.

Officer Jacai Colson, 28, arrived to the station around 4:30
p.m. wearing plainclothes while driving an unmarked car and
"found himself in the middle of a gunfight," said Police Chief
Hank Stawinski. Colson showed "extreme heroism" by returning the
shooter's fire to attract his attention and allow other officers
to take out the gunman.

Yet circumstantial evidence revealed Monday that the round that
killed Colson, who was serving in his fourth year with the
department, was friendly fire, Stawinski said at a news
conference Monday night. He said it was possible the other cops
mistook their fellow officer, who was dressed for undercover
duty, for another gunman.

"This community needs to know that this was callously recorded
and could have been prevented," Stawinski said.

Police captured all three brothers, and the eldest one - who
relatives have said is schizophrenic - was in stable condition
at a hospital Monday afternoon. Their mother, Lisa Ford,
suffered a heart attack after police searched her home, and was
taken to the same hospital as her wounded son, their aunt
Shanelle Ramos-Rogers told the Daily News.

"Michael needed some help, he needed some counseling," she said.
"I don't know how this came to be."

"We are just devastated," she continued. "We are sorry for
everything and all the grief we caused in this officer's life.
We are truly shameful for everything going on."

The three brothers face 21 different charges. Police said
they'll get booked for second-degree murder, six counts of
attempted first degree murder, nine counts of use of a handgun
in the commission of a felony and additional charges.

The department has received condolences from the White House and
people around the country, Stawinski said. Prince George’s
Fraternal Order of Police President John Teletchea paid tribute
to the fallen officer.

"He lit up every life he touched," Teletchea said. "He made a
difference every day he was here and he made the difference and
saved lives yesterday."

Investigators will review the footage of the attack and
interview all five other officers who were at the scene. The
brothers might face more charges as detectives probe the
shooting.

The police department released pictures of civilian vehicles and
an ambulance that were hit when Ford opened fire.

"It doesn’t make any sense - people shooting at fellow citizens
randomly, people shooting at ambulances," Stawinski said. "I
know that I find that odd and I find that frightening but I
can’t offer you any explanation for that."