Planting chestnuts in the woods, Thurmont MD Nov. 6 and Nov 12

Bruce Levine

Oct 18, 2022, 4:26:29 PM10/18/22
to MD-TACF Orchard Volunteers
The Catoctin Quaker Camp in Thurmont MD has received a grant to plant 100 American hybrid Chestnuts on their wooded acres.
If you are interested in joining, seedlings will be planted there on Sunday, November 6th and on
Saturday, November 12th.    (There will be more dates in the spring).

If you would like to help with this effort please sign up at VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Fall Work Days, Cabin Demolition, and Chestnut Tree Planting!

We will get started around 9:30 am and work together until around 4 pm.  We will share a potluck lunch. Sandwich making will be provided.
Please dress for the weather and wear heavy soled shoes and Jeans
Friends under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by a Friend who is over the age of 18.