Tree-culling work parties, Monocacy Orchard , Sat. Nov. 4 & Mon. Nov. 6

Ron Kuipers

Nov 1, 2023, 6:48:45 PM11/1/23
to MD-TACF Orchard Volunteers, Myron Horst, Dave Gill
We need to remove about 15 to  20 large trees from the Monocacy orchard. This is necessary to improve access to the remaining trees for lift trucks during pollination and harvesting. We will use chain saws to fell the trees, cut the larger parts into firewood lengths, and stack the branches in piles for later disposal.
I will bring a chain saw. We could use a couple more. Also, some loppers
to trim the branches to make them more stackable. For each chain saw we
could use several workers to move and stack the firewood and branch
 cuttings.
The weather should be perfect, so let's start at 9:30 am. Both days.  Bring gloves.
The address is 7033 Ed Sears Rd Dickerson, Frederick Co. MD. The final half mile is a private lane on the Horst's farm. The orchard  will be visable on your right.
Please call or email me if you plan to come so I will have some idea of what to expect.
Ron Kuipers